COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Response Updates
Our Current Hours and Services
Our Office Availability:
Because you’re a part of the Simplicity Family, we want to keep you up-to-date with what’s happening in our team. We'll be updating this page regularly with the latest news and information for our members, friends, and neighbors.
Lobby Update: We’re happy to announce that we’ve re-opened our lobbies and our team looks forward to being able to serve you in person again.
We’re committed to keeping our Simplicity Family safe, so you can trust that we’ll continue to keep high touch areas and items cleaned regularly, maintain personal distance, and take other appropriate precautions (you can see details about this in our update from July 8th, 2020 below.)
You can still use these services to make life simpler and skip the lines anytime!:
We're committed to serving you, and we're glad to be able to offer many of the things you need online.
- Deposit checks through your online banking.
- Send money to friends, family, and others through your online banking with SimpliP2P.
- We can process most documents where we need your signature online through Docusign.
- Our night drops, located in our drive-ups, allow you to get money into your account within 24 hours.
- Our ATMs are up and running for cash withdrawals.
- See our drive-up hours here.
- Find partner ATM locations in the Alliance One ATM network.
- Reorder checks here.
- Need to process coin? Find a coinstar kiosk here.
Update September 23rd, 2021
We're glad to be able to say that the lobby of our main branch at 222 E. Upham in Marshfield has re-opened today. Thank you to our members for your patience as we continue to navigate the ups and downs we're all experiencing together and a very special shout out to the Simplicity Team for continuing to face challenges with such inspiring willingness and determination.
Update September 12th, 2021
Marshfield members and guests:
Due to a recent exposure, our Upham Street branch lobby will be closed until further notice as we take the necessary precautions to keep our staff and community as safe as possible. The drive-up will be open, as well as the North Vestibule if you'd like to use the coin machine or PTM. As always, using the services in our mobile app and online banking are a great option too.
To find the latest info, check back here or follow us on social media for updates.
Update January 8th, 2021
As soon as next week, we should be able to begin processing applications for the next round of Paycheck Protection Program Loans from the SBA.
Some changes have been made to this program, and we're anxiously waiting (as we're sure you are) for the new application to be available so we can pass it along to you. In the meantime, we wanted to bring you an update so you'll be ready when it's time to apply.
You can expect more info to be heading your way as soon as we're able to provide it. In the meantime, click here to learn more about this next round of SBA PPP lending.
Update December 30th
News about the second round of economic relief payments is evolving quickly, so we wanted to share what we know today and another great resource from our partners at Banzai.
- The amount you receive will be based on your 2019 tax returns with the maximum payment of $600 per qualifying adult and child in your family.
- If your dependents are over the age of 17 or were born in 2020, you will likely not get additional funds for them.
- If you received your first stimulus check by direct deposit, it will be coming the same way and to the same account for this second round. The IRS has discontinued its online portal to update your account information, so if you've closed that account since, contact us for your options today.
- The IRS has already begun distributing funds with a goal to have it complete by January 15th , 2021. Direct deposits of relief funds may be available as early as January 4th, and the IRS has already started mailing funds by check and debit card on December 29th.
- Eligible Americans who don't receive a stimulus check this year – either the first or the second payment – will be able to claim it when they file their 2020 tax return (it will be due April 15th, 2021). When you file your 2020 tax return, you may be able to claim a "recovery rebate" tax credit for the stimulus check amount you should have received. (The IRS is expected to start accepting 2020 tax returns in late January or early February.)
Now that you have an idea of when you could expect your economic relief money, what are you going to do with it? Our partners at Banzai have some helpful tips, more info on relief payments, and a handy calculator so you can find out how much to expect. You can check that all out right here.
Update November 10th
It has been quite some time since we've had an update notable enough to include on this page. Many of us have gotten so used to all of the precautions that have come along with trying to protect ourselves and others that it seems like there simply couldn't be more news, right?
While we've continued to work with the Simplicity Team to stay focused and keep the good habits we've formed over the last several months, cases in the Central Wisconsin area have continued to rise to disturbing levels. With that in mind and the holidays sneaking up on us, we've decided that closing our lobbies once again is the best and safest way to protect the people we care about (like you).
We'll be closed in our lobbies starting on November 11th but you'll still be able to access your account with all of our online services and at with our drive-thrus. We'll keep our lobbies closed until further notice, with the health and safety of all of our friends, members, and teammates always being our top priority.
Update July 8th
We know it’s been a while since our last update, but there has been plenty going on behind the scenes. The Simplicity Team has been ordering much-needed supplies (and sometimes waiting weeks for them to be in stock), updating some policies, and working on training all with the goal of keeping the whole Simplicity Family safe with lobbies re-opened.
HUGE shout-out to our Response Team who are still meeting weekly and monitoring both the current infection levels in our area, and the health, safety, and mental wellbeing of our team and members. Please continue to watch this page for new updates.
Now that you can visit our lobbies again, we thought you’d like to know some of the measures we’ve put in place across the whole CU.:
- Encouraging members to continue to visit our drive-thru and use online options whenever they can to minimize the number of people in our lobbies.
- Signs posted at our entrances that include:
- If you are not feeling well, please head home
- We suggest you wear a mask and have some available if needed.
- Please enter alone unless absolutely necessary.
- Use sanitizer or wash your hands often
- Posting gentle and friendly reminders of social distancing on signs and the floors of our lobbies.
- Making Alcohol-Based Sanitizer widely available for employees and members in all areas of our offices.
- Frequent routine cleaning and disinfection of surfaces and equipment.
- Sanitization of hard surfaces and items members may need to handle.
- Cleaning of Drive-thru tubes at least hourly.
- Disinfecting of surfaces following each member and appointments in offices.
- Installation of Plexi-glass barriers at teller pods and in offices.
Even with these safeguards in place, we know that all of us can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by practicing some healthy habits. We remind our team to do these things often, and we trust you’ll do the same.:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid close contact with people outside of your household.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow rather than your hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you touch and items that are handed to you as often as possible.
- Monitor your health, watch for symptoms, and take care of yourself.
Update June 3rd
Thank you to everyone who has visited our offices as we've started working toward reopening our lobbies this week. We know that this measured and gradual process doesn't bring us all back as quickly as we might like to business-as-usual but with your support and patience, we're closer now.
The Simplicity Team is continuing to plan for what our lobby reopening will look like but has not chosen a date for that to happen yet. As soon as that date is available, we'll announce it here.
Update May 27th
We’re continuing to assemble everything we need to make the first phase of our reopening plan a reality on June 1st. Here are some things you might like to know:
- We will be inviting members into our lobbies at our Marshfield, Stevens Point, and Neillsville branches by appointment only and offering curbside service as needed.
- To make your appointment, you can call us at 715-207-6808 (Marshfield and Stevens Point) or 715-207-6807 (Neillsville).
- If you don’t have an appointment and would like to use our curbside service, there will be signs in our parking lots designating where to park and the number to call for help from our team.
- Our team will work with each member individually to help them decide if they need to make an appointment, use our curbside service, or if they would be safer visiting our drive-thru.
We’re excited to be taking the first step back to being together again, but keeping our Simplicity Family safe with these new processes will take some time and extra people power. Thanks in advance for your patience!
Update May 19th
After careful consideration, and with the health and safety of our Simplicity Family always top of mind, we've decided to plan for a gradual re-opening of our lobbies starting on June 1st. You can see our statement about this here, on our blog.
We'll have much more information to share about how we'll keep everyone safe and keep moving forward, so check back here for more.
Update May 6th
It’s super important that we’re all taking care of our emotional and physical health right now, especially as some of us are feeling more frustrated and isolated. This week we wanted to share a couple of quick resources that, even though they're not in our wheelhouse, might help.
- Alzheimer's and Dementia Support: The Alzheimer's Association Wisconsin Chapter has transitioned educational and support group programming to virtual offerings during Safer at Home orders to support caregivers and those living with Alzheimer's disease. Please find the latest programs at www.alz.org/wi
- The Suicide Prevention Lifeline: By offering immediate counseling to everyone that may need it, local crisis centers provide invaluable support at critical times and connect individuals to local services. If you or someone you love needs help, call 1.800.273.8255 or click this link to chat now.
Update April 29th
- Even though our lobbies are still empty, we want you to know that we’re together in spirit and we’re here for you. Check out our new commercial at the top of this page to hear a message from the Simplicity Team.
- With the SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program getting an injection of new funds late last week, our Commercial Lending Team has been working hard to get our business member's applications into the system. If you’re still looking for a lender to help you with this federal program, check out our SBA Paycheck Protection Program page now!
Update April 22nd
Did you know you could set up an alert in our online banking to let you know when important transactions (like your stimulus check deposit) happen?
Update April 16th
With the extension today of the State of Wisconsin Safer at Home order, we wanted to take a minute just to let you know that we’ll continue to serve you in the same way we have for the past few weeks. We continue to take care of our team, keep our work areas clean, and stay informed on any changes that might affect how we operate.
For more info on the Safer at Home order and other news from the Department of Health and Safety, click here.
Update April 15th
As businesses and consumers have started to feel the effects of the recent stimulus package, we have two key areas of that legislation to talk about this week.
Early this week we posted a blog called ‘Helpful Information About the Economic Stimulus Checks’ and, since then, we’ve gotten another great, free resource from our friends at Banzai: a financial stimulus calculator! Check out the blog here to learn what we know and calculate the amount of your own stimulus payment.
Our Commercial Lending Team has been working non-stop to prepare to help our business members apply for the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) through the Small Business Administration (SBA). Find out more about the program and how you can apply here.
Update April 8th
Hi there! Our team has been answering a few more questions about the anticipated stimulus (or Economic Impact) payments included in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and. Economic Security Act (aka the CARES Act) so we wanted to point you to this helpful resource page from IRS.gov. so far.
We’ll be publishing a blog soon to give you the overview of the information we have so check back here or follow us on social media for more info.
Update April 3rd
To keep our team safe and make sure we’ll continue to be able to help our members in the best way possible, we’ve decided to temporarily close our 2331 Post Road, Plover Drive-Thru effective April 6th. This will let us divide our staff into working teams and is part of our plan to respond quickly with the right staffing levels if a member of our team in the Stevens Point/Plover area becomes affected by a community spread.
This decision was not made lightly. We know our members depend on us, not just to provide them services, but to be a stable and reliable part of their lives. Our team will continue to collect and process night deposit transactions and maintain the ATM at our Post Road location and our 3101 Hoover Road location is a short drive away for your other in-person transactions.
Thank you for understanding and be safe.
Update April 1st
Two full weeks into the Simplicity Team’s all-hands-washed-and-on-deck response, we’re grateful to have positive news to share.
- Enormous thanks to our members and anyone who’s called, emailed, or visited our branches. We’re grateful that everyone has stayed calm, careful, and patient with us. There will probably still be some bumps in the road, but we’re here for the ride if you’ll stay with us.
- It may not sound too positive at first, but you’re probably seeing a wave of news about scams related to this crisis. We have this great resource to share and are happy to say that the media attention to the possibilities of fraud seems to be helping protect your cash. Stay vigilant and keep your hard-earned money!
- As our friends, members, and fans settle in at home, here are some useful links you can spend time with:
- Check out our video tutorials to help you (or your loved ones) use our online services smarter.
- Hungry for more learning? Our partners at Banzai have an awesome selection of courses to help you manage a crisis. Check them out here.
- We’ve been sharing a (literal) ton of positive vibes over on social media. Check out our Facebook feed, like our page, and stay up-to-date on the whole Simplicity Family.
Update March 27th
The Simplicity Team has been responding to a lot of calls, emails, and texts from members that have either already experienced a layoff or think they may. Knowing your options will help you sleep better at night so we want to hear from you if you need us.
Call or text our Member Service Team at 844.769.2667 or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you connected with the right expert to help you.
Update March 26th
One quick update today. We’ve updated a document we shared earlier this week for our Spanish speaking members and it includes all of the same resources, with those that are available in Spanish.
You can find it here:
Update March 25th
Hi there! It’s the first time that we don’t have an update to share. It feels great to take a minute and have time to adjust to the current ‘normal’, so that’s what we’d encourage you to do today if you can.
If you have questions for the Simplicity Team, you can reach us by email at email@example.com or call 844.769.2667 (Monday – Friday from 7:30am to 6:00pm). We’re here to help!
Update March 24th
- Now that official word on the Safer at Home Order in Wisconsin is available, we can share this link so you can see all of the details. We’re glad we’ll be able to keep helping you.
- We’re also excited to announce YOUR access to FREE financial education for all ages with help from our friends at Banzai. If you’re using some of your time at home to get your budget in order, learn how to plan for retirement, or help teach your kids some great money habits, check out all of the amazingly useful articles, courses, and coaches now.
Update March 23rd
The Simplicity CU Team has been watching developments carefully and working together to make sure we’re ready to respond and help our members as things change.
- We have a document you can download with useful links including how you can find the latest updates from the State and Federal government. We’ll be adding this same document in Spanish soon!
- With the news of the #SaferAtHome order from Governor Evers today, our team has fielded a lot of concerned questions about whether we’ll remain open. Financial Institutions are on the list of ‘Essential Businesses’ so we’ll still be here to help. We’ll be sharing information from the State of Wisconsin as soon as it’s available.
Update March 20th
As this week winds down and people across the country are adjusting to working from home and all of the adjustments we’re experiencing right now, we want to leave you for the week with a couple of things to think about.
- Don’t panic, but do be on the lookout for scams. Check out this article from NBC News for a ton of good info and examples of what to watch for.
- Spend some time thinking about who you’re grateful for this weekend. Shout out to our PHENOMENAL IT Team for shifting into overdrive to make sure the whole Simplicity Family can be safe and keep working hard!
Update March 19th
The Simplicity Team is continuing to pull together resources that will help our friends and neighbors.
- We just released short overview of all of the great services you can use remotely. Find it right here.
- Credit Union National Association (CUNA) President/CEO shared a great article from the Wall Street Journal to remind us that our money is safer in your account than it would be locked up at home. We shared that from our Facebook page, you should check it out.
Update March 18th
We’re happy to say that we only have good news to share today from the Simplicity Team.
- Today was our first day of all drive-thru service and we’re sincerely grateful to our members for being so patient and understanding. Thank you to everyone who stopped by for being awesome!
- Thank you to our team for being so amazingly flexible. The Simplicity Team is keeping the drive-thru running like clockwork, fielding calls, lending, processing, and just generally working hard to make sure everyone gets the help they need.
- The final piece of good news is that your money is safe with us and it’s here when you need it.
It’s natural to feel stressed about the future, but we’re here, and backed by the NCUA, to protect your hard-earned cash.
Update March 17th
As the Simplicity Team is preparing for major changes in where and how we’re working today, we’re continuing to look ahead, plan, and respond.
- Our Lending Team is still here to help. Apply online, call, or text to learn how you can get the loan you need from wherever you are.
- All Simplicity CU events scheduled for the remainder of March will be canceled and rescheduled for another date. This includes:
- Our Homebuyer’s Seminar at our Hoover Road location on March 24th
- And the Simplicity Summit at the Neillsville Country Club on March 26th
- Because direction from the CDC has changed so rapidly over the past days, we have chosen not to set a target date for resuming our regular office operations yet. As soon as that time seems clear and reliable, we’ll communicate it here.
Update March 16th
The news has moved quite quickly today and our team is working hard to continue to respond as things have changed. There are a few pieces of information we think will be helpful for you right now.
For Our Members:
We love the chance to see you face-to-face and appreciate the time we get to spend with you. To make sure we all continue to have that opportunity long into the future, we’d ask that you plan to limit your visits to our branches as much as possible. There are a number of different ways you can still get your important financial business done:
- Effective 3/16/2020 we will be waiving our usual phone transfer free until further notice. If you are unable to or choose not to visit a branch our Member Service Team can help you, by phone during our regular hours, at 844.769.2667.
- If you’re not already an Online or Mobile banking user, you can register from your PC or Mobile device from anywhere by verifying some basic information. If you’re a new user, our Member Service Center is here to help you feel confident and get the information you need.
For Our Team:
We believe that it’s especially important we focus on the physical and emotional well-being of the Simplicity Team so they can continue to take care of their loved ones, our members, and our communities. We’re closely monitoring the guidance from the CDC and other developments and expect that our response will continue to evolve as time passes.
- As you can imagine, we’re asking that members of the Simplicity Team continue to practice good hygiene and keep their workspaces clean throughout the day. We have also instituted many additional cleaning procedures for our offices.
- All members of the team that can work remotely have been asked to do so. For those teammates that need to be in our offices, we’ve encouraged them to stay home if they or someone in their home is sick and are putting measures in place to ensure they have available time off to make that possible.
As the situation progresses, we’ll continue to update our plans to ensure we’re taking care of our team and serving the needs of our members in the best way possible. To find the latest info, check back here or follow us on social media for updates.
Thank you, Simplicity Family, for your support and understanding in the face of this unprecedented moment in our history. As we take care of ourselves and others, we’re confident that we’ll emerge stronger and more united.
Your friends on the Simplicity Team