Simplicity CU Named Among the Best Credit Unions to Work For

For the third year in a row, Simplicity CU has been named one of the Best Credit Unions to Work For in the United States by Credit Union Journal.

“With the challenges that so many individuals and businesses have faced this year, this is a bright spot for sure.“, says Katy Zaleski, VP of Human Resources, “Our focus has been on helping our teams feel safe, healthy, and supported and this award is confirmation that we’re meeting those goals.”

As a part of the application process, Best Companies Group reviews Credit Union workplace polices, practices, and procedures, but that’s not the whole story. In fact, those things only make up 25% of the possible score. The other 75% of a Credit Union’s score came from a confidential employee survey that weighed employee’s feelings about topics like recognition and employee appreciation, unique perks of the job, fun in the workplace, and why they love to work for their employer.

Some of the notable perks highlighted in surveys from the Simplicity CU Team included the Simplicity Core Value Awards, where members of the staff can recognize their teammates yearly at All-Staff training, additional pay for member-facing staff during the State of Wisconsin Safer at Home order, and the credit union’s regular contributions to employee Health Savings Accounts.

As of September 2020, there are more than 6000 Credit Unions in the United States. In partnership with Best Companies Group, Credit Union Journal ranks the top 50 in areas like Workplace Culture and Employee Retention. This year, Simplicity CU ranked 11th in their asset size and 34th nationwide in the annual Credit Union Journal survey.

# # #

About Credit Union Journal

Credit Union Journal is the nation’s leading credit union news resource, providing objective credit union community news. Credit Union Journal delivers freshly reported information to credit union leaders so that they can serve their members in this growing market.