Mortgage Lending Assistant
Reports To: Loan Operations Manager
A Mortgage Lending Assistant is responsible for being a resource to the Mortgage Loan Officers; assisting with daily functions while the MLO’s originate mortgage loan products. This position is responsible to utilize all available resources to remain proficient and knowledgeable with mortgage lending products, procedures, and regulations, serving as the liaison between all interested parties to the mortgage transaction. The MLA is the point of contact for member calls as well as member traffic into the Thomas House location.
This position will always project a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers. This position will work in branch at the front desk of the Thomas House location in Marshfield during open business hours, M-F.
- Assist Mortgage Loan Officers with member service and communication with realtor or other interested parties.
- Review all applications upfront to ensure completeness and adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Serve as the Mortgage Center contact point, answering mortgage center general email, voice mail, chat, mail, and receiving members and guests to the mortgage department in a professional, courteous manner. Ensure that the individual receives prompt attention by loan officer.
- Communicate in person or over the phone with all involved parties including buyer, seller, realtor, and title company representatives. Answer general questions from members regarding mortgage loans and rates.
- Assist loan operations team with verifications of employment, scanning documents into image system, and payment/payoff requests.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- High school education or GED and 2 years of similar experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even
- under pressure.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to remain calm and patient in stressful situations.
- Service-oriented; a team player.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act