Member Service Representative
Reports To: Branch Manager
The primarily function of an MSR in Neillsville is to provide a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members. This position will conduct basic teller transactions, cash handling, check cashing, deposits and withdraws, and processing payments as well as issue new accounts for existing members and addition joint members. This position will also offer Credit Union products and services that would improve the members’ financial lives, and to provide exceptional service by processing requested financial transactions, resolving problems and answering questions covering the entire spectrum of the Credit Union’s products and services. Always projects a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers.
- Provides basic teller services to members in person, in the drive-thru, night drop, and mail.
- These services include cashing checks, accepting deposits and withdrawals, processing loan payments, making transfers, resetting member Personal Identification Number (PIN), issuing and redeeming share certificates (CD’s), processing check re-orders, member name changes, adding beneficiaries, issuing debit cards, and online banking set-up and inquires. Check approval up to $2500. Processes all transactions with a commitment to accuracy.
- Issuing new accounts for existing members and adding joint members.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- High school education or GED and 6 months to 2 years of similar experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even under pressure.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Competent with computer technology.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner.
- Able to remain calm and patient in stressful situations.
- Service-oriented; a team player.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not, and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act