Member Business Lending Assistant
Reports To: VP of Member Business Lending
A Member Business Lending Assistant is responsible for accurate and efficient processing of paperwork for business loans in accordance with Simplicity’s lending guidelines. Secures all necessary documentation and prepares files for underwriting and loan approval. This position is the point of contact for member calls received by the contact center to expedite loan questions and recognize potential loan opportunities, serving as the liaison between the member and the department through the loan transaction.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, that always projects a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers. This position will work with our Member Business team in Marshfield at the Upham location.
- Assist the Member Business Lending Team with new loan requests, renewals, member service, and communication with interested parties.
- Assist in creating loan documents and loans in Core system
- Responsible for answering inbound and making outbound phone calls to members regarding business loans.
- Responsible for business loan post close servicing including skip pays, auto pays, and loan servicing.
- Assists with business loan applications.
- Point of contact for member calls received by the contact center to expedite loan questions and recognize potential loan opportunities; ensuring that the individual receives prompt attention.
- Answer general questions from members regarding business loans and rates.
- Assist Business Lending Team with scheduling appointment or gathering additional information.
- Communicate to all involved throughout the process, keeping them informed as to the status, assisting with any questions, and notifying them of any additional information required.
- Responsible for monitoring loans in process to determine any deviation from the standard processing time and take appropriate actions for alternatives to ensure members receive timely service. Providing feedback to the member business loan officer on the file flow and issues on closed loans.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- Associate degree in related discipline and minimum three years commercial loan processing experience, or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of commercial loan products and procedures.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization-relevant.
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act