IT Business Analyst
Reports To: VP of IT
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for maintaining core banking related business systems, identifying options for improvement, and bridging the needs of the business with the use of technology. This position is a business partner with internal team members and external partners/vendors, serving as the contact point with our core banking system software. The Analyst recommends solutions to leadership with supported data from the current state of the core system, comparing what could be offered in the system, or future data, to better the organization. This role is a member of the Information Technology team and will participate in development projects and upgrades.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, that always projects a positive and friendly image through interactions with clients and co-workers. This position will work out of our Stevens Point or Marshfield location.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the credit union’s core banking system software; effectively analyzing business processes and systems to identify potential opportunities, issues, and problems that could impact business results.
- Understanding of the structure, policies, and operations of the organization, to recommend solutions.
- Develops process and technical recommendations and improvements to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Understands testing capabilities of core banking system software; conducts necessary testing for system upgrades, and develops comprehensive user testing opportunities, as appropriate, partnering with System Administrator and credit union leadership as needed.
- Serves on the IT Department triage helpdesk team; answering team member questions, recommending, or performing solutions, and knowing when to involve third-party vendors to address an issue in a timely manner with minimal disruption to team members.
- Assist with various IT projects as assigned, adhering to deadlines and objectives.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures as they relate to IT and systems-related activities.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by
- promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 2 years of experience in systems operation, or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Proven experience in a customer support role with a working knowledge of Windows based operating systems, office products, databases, and remote-control applications.
- Strong organizational skills are required to meet deadlines and maintain a high level of productivity within the department.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to interface with multidisciplinary groups.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Service-oriented; a team player.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act