Reports To: CXO
The Collections Manager is responsible for providing recovery services for the Credit Union while maintaining the established collection strategy to help minimize losses to the CU and its members. Always projects a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, that always projects a positive and friendly image through interactions with members and co-workers. This position will work out of our Stevens Point or Marshfield location. Telecommuting is an option after completion of training.
- Supports collections staff as well as provides back up to these positions as needed.
- Inspires the staff by providing leadership, guidance, and coaching to ensure they exceed service expectations, achieve performance goals, and develop objectives to help Simplicity achieve strategic goals.
- Sets payment collection goals and targets for the department.
- Holds staff accountable for goals and service expectations
- Contributes to and participates in the strategic initiatives of Simplicity Credit Union.
- Monitor payments for late and/or delinquency status. Follow up on delinquent, high-balance, and overdue credit balance accounts by phone and/or letter. Ensure professional interface with members.
- Contact high balance and/or delinquent members by phone and mail to determine the reasons for balance or delinquency and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status. Develop workout plans and collect on overdue accounts wherever possible.
- Notify co-signers regarding status of delinquent accounts.
- Update files and system accounts via the credit union’s delinquent loan recovery system.
- Secure credit bureau reports. Skips trace on loan accounts. Maintains accurate data for repossession log, bankruptcy files, charge-off list, etc.
- Determine when to comprise and settle balances and when to initiate foreclosure or repossession proceedings.
- Determine when loan collateral should be repossessed and serve as liaison with attorneys or agencies in handling repossession of collateral.
- File all claims, attend hearings, and coordinate with trustees for all bankruptcy filings.
- Investigate and correct discrepancies in loan applications and credit bureau reports.
- Assures that all Collection Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Keeps up with changes to state and federal laws governing debt collections and makes sure employees receive training on any changes in laws.
- Identifies areas of the collection process that need improvement and implements an enhanced process that will help collectors be more effective/efficient.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- Associates degree in related field and/or five years of similar or related experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even under pressure.
- Excellent independent judgement skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to offer viable and creative alternatives while staying within credit union risk tolerance.
- Ability to work accurately and independently.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
- Embodies the credit unions core values: Cooperation, Leadership, Integrity, Creativity and Dependability.
- Takes initiative to be involved in networking opportunities in the community.
- Generates innovative ideas, and creative solutions to challenging problems.
- Models behavior that builds inter-personal trust and personal integrity within the team.
- Offers to take additional leadership roles or responsibilities contributing to the success of the team.
What We Offer
- $47,000 - $59,000 annually
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act