Chief Financial Officer - CFO
Reports To: CEO
The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for the overall vision, planning, and leadership as it relates to the financial strategy and performance of the Credit Union. The CFO provides leadership, inspiration, and coaching to ensure the accounting, analytics, and compliance departments exceed expectations, achieves performance goals, and creates a culture of success. This position also leads other strategic initiatives for the Credit Union and ensures that resources are fully optimized for Simplicity’s continued growth. Demonstrates our core values in every interaction with members and co-workers.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities. It contains only the facts necessary to evaluate the position fairly.
- Monitor and report to CEO and Board of Directors on financial performance of CU. Research and make recommendations for improvements in performance and investments that match desired risk and returns.
- Assess and analyze new opportunities, including calculating ROI, cost benefits analysis and implications for mergers, new equipment, or technology, staffing additions, new locations, etc.
- Ensure compliance with State and Federal rules and regulations. Coordinate and work with examiners and auditors, as appropriate.
- Provides leadership, inspiration, and coaching to ensure each department exceed expectations, achieves performance goals, and creates a culture of success.
- Create, develop, and implement cost accounting system to provide data for department and organizational wide decision making.
- Prepare, coordinate, monitor and report in annual budgets.
- Oversee asset liability management (ALM) efforts and interacts with related vendors, as necessary.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
The attributes listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- BS degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of business finance experience; additional 3-5 years of experience in managing a financial team, preferred.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the Credit Union in a professional and positive manner.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Ability to prepare and make comprehensive presentations, participate in formal debate, communicate extemporaneously, and communicate professionally before an audience.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
- Embodies the credit unions core values: Cooperation, Leadership, Integrity, Creativity and Dependability.
- Takes initiative to be involved in networking opportunities in the community.
- Generates innovative ideas, and creative solutions to challenging problems and creating what has not yet been actualized.
- Identifying and overseeing all resources, tasks, systems, and people to obtain results.
- Models behavior that builds inter-personal trust and personal integrity within the team.
What We Offer
- $110,000 - $146,000
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act