Account Specialist - Remote Services
Reports To: VP of Sales
The primary function of an Account Specialist is onboarding new members and increasing Simplicity’s relationship with members utilizing the entire spectrum of Simplicity Credit Union’s products and services. Exceptional service over remote channels to our members via phone, text, chat, and email. This position is a part of a dedicated sales team, working to achieve aggressive volume sales goals.
This position will always project a positive and friendly image for the credit union through interactions with members and co-workers. This position will work M-F during business hours out of the Marshfield OR Stevens Point branch.
- Issuing new accounts for existing members and adding joint members with the additional competencies of HSAs, IRAs, trusts, death accounts, member complaints, assisting with lending servicing inquiries, closing loans and online loan applications (when necessary).
- Back up to credit card/flex line application processing.
- Primary responsibilities are onboarding new members and increasing Simplicity’s relationship with members by offering additional products and services via phone, text, chat, and email.
- Reviewing member credit reports to recognize lending opportunities to best fit the member’s needs.
- Conducting follow up contact with members via phone, text, chat, and email based on the member’s preferred communication method.
- Process online account applications.
- Process credit card and flex line applications.
- Outbound sales calls as assigned.
- Seeks out opportunities to enhance the members’ experience by recognizing and presenting additional loan opportunities or offering products and services that would improve the members’ financial lives.
- Reinforce continuous collaboration and respectful communication between all departments by promoting strong, positive, and productive working relationships through the commitment to the company’s core values, vision and mission statements.
- High school education or GED and one to three years of similar or related experience.
- Sales experience, preferred.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A high degree of mental concentration to interpret and act upon a wide range of situations, even under pressure.
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong attention to detail, ability to plan, prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Must be friendly and able to represent the Credit Union in a professional and positive manner.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.
What we offer:
- $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
How to Apply
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employee Rights and Responsibilities Under the Family and Medical Leave Act